African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships 2023-2024. The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) wishes to announce the commencement of the 2023/24 AERC PhD Scholarships for applicants from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries wishing to study in Economics degree-awarding universities.
- ALSO APPLY – Reach Oxford Scholarships in UK 2024
The aim of the scholarship is to sustain the development in sub-Saharan Africa by training locally based professionals in economics through provision of support in the areas of policy research and graduate training.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): AERC
Scholarship Type: Full funding
Host Institution(s): Participating universities in Africa
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the AERC PhD Scholarships 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have applied and been admitted to any of the participating universities.
- Have obtained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university.
- Have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods and econometrics.
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships are to submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities (application procedure can be obtained from the respective university’s website). Upon receipt of an admission letter from a specific university, applicants shall upload the following documents on to the AERC scholarship portal:
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Evidence of admission at any of the participating universities
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2023